1. It makes you happier! We all know how good it feels to get out in the fresh air and get moving. Plus, studies have shown that spending time in nature reduces stress and helps to foster social interaction in children. It’s easier to make friends when you have the whole wide wilderness to explore together! And all that exploring and adventuring helps build self confidence too.
2. It keeps you healthy. It’s not hard to stay active when you’re spending time in the great outdoors... all that walking, jumping, climbing, skipping, building, adventuring, and more!
3. It makes you smarter. Being in the wilderness helps to sharpen the senses, and when it comes to investigating nature’s patterns and parts, the creative possibilities are endless! Studies have also shown that children who spend time in nature have higher achievement in school and better test scores.
4. It is absolutely free! What a great way to get together with family and friends, without spending a dime.
5. It’s fun for the whole family. It’s a great way to get out, unplug, and relax, to really connect with our friends and families in a meaningful way, and to build memories that will last a lifetime.